Navigation System-Equipped Models
- 1). Turn the Passat's ignition to the “On” position, but do not start the car.
- 2). Wait for the navigation system to boot, signified by a welcome screen. Press the “Tools” icon, located on the bottom right corner of the navigation screen, once the welcome screen has exited.
- 3). Select the “Settings” icon, followed by the “Setup” icon. Select “Date,” then enter the current date, using the onscreen controls. Press “Exit,” once the date has been set.
- 4). Turn the ignition to the “Off” position, then back to the “On” position. The current date should now be displayed on the navigation screen and on the small screen between the speedometer and tachometer. Turn off the ignition.
Multifunction Steering Wheel-Equipped Models
- 1). Turn the ignition switch to the “On” position, but do not start the engine.
- 2). Press “Menu” button on the right side of the steering wheel, identified by a rectangle followed by two solid lines. An onscreen menu will appear on the small display between the speedometer and tachometer.
- 3). Scroll through the menu option to “Setup,” using the arrow keys on the right side of the steering wheel. Press “OK” to select the “Setup” function.
- 4). Select “Date” and press “OK.” Enter the current date, using the arrow keys, then press “OK.”
- 5). Select “Exit,” then turn off the ignition.